to the Ashkeling Home Page!
Our latest highlights are:
Last Update: 7 January, 2011
- So what's the big deal? We made a BLT. From scratch, including curing and smoking our own bacon, growing our own wheat, and making mayonnaise from local eggs. Oh, and added garden onions and avocados to make it a BLOAT.
- Spice Boy(z) Camp again made it to Burning Man. As usual, the GreaseBeast was loaded to the rails with too much crap, but it sure made for a comfortable and well-stocked camp. This was the best weather I've experienced there, but that does not say that there were no big dust (and rain!) storms. (Warning: yet more adult images and rampant art, plus a few large downloads.)
- After a rainy Spring, the weather cleared up just in time for our Flame-on Hotluck. With a contest for the hottest dishes.
- After a too-long hiatus, we enjoyed more hot food with friends at the Phoenix Hotluck.
- We travelled around Europe with our nieces Marissa and Hillary, plus a bit on our own. We visited over 20 cities, some new, some quite familiar. Along the way, we also joined some friends at the #2 restaurant, the Fat Duck. The first portion, travelling with Hillary, is now posted.
- We traveled to Spain and Morocco, and dined with friends at the top restaurant in the world, El Bulli. Twice.
- Roswitha volunteered with the American Red Cross for the Wild Fires in San Diego Oct. 26 - Nov. 4, 2007.
- The Spice Boyz were again back at Burning Man, this time joined by a Spice G?rl, Roswitha! (Yes, she was convinced to brave the dust, and reports that she had a good time, mostly, except for the dust. This earned her her playa name, Dust Bunny.) We were joined by another woman, our mutant vehicle Ginger Rogers, the Green Woman, who danced around the playa fueled by waste vegetable oil. She has her own gallery within the link above. (Warning: yet more adult images and rampant art, plus a few large downloads.)
- We celebrated our anniversary at Manresa.
- This year's Spice Boyz Camp become Camp Do You Really Think That's a Good Idea at Burning Man. (Warning: yet more adult images and rampant art.)
- Stupid has reached a new level.
- We went whale watching in Mexico March 16-19, 2006 with Rosi, Mary Ellen and Dennis
- We're travelling again, to the Middle East and Eastern Indian Ocean - this is now fully updated - travel with us.
- The Spice Boys Camp was again created at Burning Man. (Warning: there are still adult images and rampant art.)
- Everyone turned up the heat at this year's XXX Hotluck.
- More Stupid stupidity.
- Roswitha and Scott in New York for "The Gates" by Christo and Jeanne-Claude and here are some panoramas and animations. Warning - large files, so fast connection suggested. - Feb. 2005
- Scott and Johnnie went to Burning Man. (Warning: adult images and rampant art.) And Johnnie's pictures are here.
- Our biggest Hotluck yet, with great food and people.
- We're off on our 2003 Europe Vacation and will try to update as we go - watch this space.
- Although we made the trip in the Summer of 2000, we have finally gotten some of the Europe Flying/Cooking Sabbatical posted. Re-live the past as though it were fresh and new!
- We have survived another Hotluck. We have a few recipes, but please send us yours.
- Our old Roadmap. Our new Roadmap:
Part of it got excerpted on this UK site
- This is Stupid.
- In March 2003, we went skiing and to Lynn and Wayne's reception in Colorado Pictures
- Scott is helping to build the College Terrace Wireless Network College Terrace Wireless Network.
- We spent Christmas and New Year's in St. Croix, USVI with our friend Bill and his family...and we survived. Come see the wild turtle hatchlings.
- Scott travelled to China in October 2002. Here are his snide remarks and amazing photos - warning - big pages and nudity
- June to early October we focused on BACUS 2002. The show was a lot of fun and well produced.
- In spite of the rainy weather, thanks to outstanding help by our wonderful neighbors and our lovely houseguest Eileen, the May 19, 2002 Hotluck was able to proceed smoothly. As always, the food was outstanding, the demon rum was demonic, and the guests were both entertaining and entertained. A great time was had by all. A call for recipes has gone out; please stay tuned. Pictures Recipes
- In April/May 2002, we travelled to Fiji, Tonga and Australia. We also visited the Getty in LA before leaving the US (Scott's first and Roswitha's third time.)
- Roswitha completed >85% of her SEL Instrument Rating on April 9, and plans to finish the rest by July 10, 2002. Pictures
- Since we got our licenses in October 2001, we finally got a motorcycle (Suzuki GS 500) in February 2002 and started to put some miles on it. Pictures
- Rosi and Roswitha travelled to Los Angeles (Getty and Austrian Embassy) and San Diego Pictures
- The Ashkelings and Rosi were invited by Jane and Denis to go mushroom hunting. Pictures
- Our friend Megan and her daughter Sonja visited us and other friends in the bay area. Pictures
- Scott and Roswitha traveled to Las Vegas for their anniversary, and to El Paso for New Year. Pictures
- Rosi and Roswitha traveled to the Grand Canyon over Christmas 2001. Pictures
- We went with Johnny and Yolanda for early Christmas Shopping to Santa Cruz Pictures
- Roswitha became a citizen of the United States of America on November 23, 2001. Pictures
- Scott and Roswitha travelled to Singapore, Penang, Bangkok, Luang Prabang (Laos) and Siem Reap / Angkor Wat (Cambodia), Phuket (Thailand), and Singapore in October/November 2001. (See 2001 Vacation Pictures and Updates)
- Three Ashkelings completed carving their pumpkins for Halloween 2001!
All images on the Ashkeling Web Pages are originals produced by us.
If you want to re-use any of them, please credit the originators, and inform them where/when the images will appear.
Please contact authors for higher quality images if required.